- Digital Edition
- TV CHANNEL
Eastern Bank, the largest community bank headquartered in Massachusetts and the nation’s oldest and largest mutual bank, recently announced several additions to its governing body, including the election of Eastern Bank Vice Chairman and Chief Banking Officer Quincy L. Miller, to its Board of Trustees.
Miller, who joined Eastern this month, is expected to succeed Robert F. Rivers as President of Eastern Bank next year.
Rivers will become Eastern’s Chairman and CEO on January 1, 2017, replacing Richard E. Holbrook, who announced his retirement earlier this year.
“We’re proud to add eight talented professionals from a variety of backgrounds to our Board.” said Rivers, who last July testified at the Massachusetts State House in favor of a resolution encouraging more equitable gender representation on the boards of companies in Massachusetts.
The new Corporators and Trustees were elected at the Annual Meeting of Eastern Bank Corporation held on March 8, 2016 at the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum. It was the bank’s 198th annual meeting.
Bank adds eight distinguished leaders as it continues to diversify governing body
The following individuals were named Trustees of Eastern Bank Corporation:
· Vanessa Calderón-Rosado, Ph.D., CEO, Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción (IBA);
· Alberto Calvo, President, Stop and Compare Markets;
· Catherine D’Amato, President &CEO, The Greater Boston Food Bank;
· Quincy L. Miller, Vice Chairman & Chief Banking Officer, Eastern Bank;
The following individuals were named Corporators of Eastern Bank Corporation:
· Paul G. Alexander, Exec. VP, Chief Marketing and Communications Officer, Eastern Bank;
· Jessica Andors, Executive Director, Lawrence CommunityWorks;
· Magnolia Contreras, Director of Community Benefits, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute;
· Raul Medina, Regional Account Manager, Granite Telecommunications.